Dr. Babak Shabatian is a board certified ophthalmologist and a summa cum laude graduate of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. Dr. Shabatian earned his medical degree from Boston University’s School of Medicine, then continued on to Los Angeles’ Kaiser Permanente as a General Surgery intern.
At North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital, an affiliate of New York University and the Albert Einstein School of Medicine, Dr. Shabatian completed a residency in ophthalmology, serving as Chief Resident in his final year. His studies continued at SUNY Downstate/Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn, where he completed a sub-specialty fellowship in Medical Diseases of the Vitreous and Retina.
Dr. Shabatian practices comprehensive ophthalmology with a focus on advanced cataract and LASIK surgeries. In addition, Dr. Shabatian is a frequent academic lecturer in the field of refractive and advanced cataract surgery. He has performed thousands of successful procedures, changing the lives of countless individuals seeking ophthalmologic care.
- Medical School
- Certifications and Licenses
- Conditions Treated
- Boston University’s School of Medicine
- North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital
- SUNY Downstate/Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn
- Los Angeles’ Kaiser Permanente New York University Albert Einstein School of Medicine SUNY Downstate/Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn
- Sub-Specialty Fellowship Medical Diseases of the Vitreous and Retina at SUNY Downstate/Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn
- LASIK Eye Surgery
- Cataract Surgery
I FEEL INCREDIBLE! I have a lot more energy and am very active