About Hooman Shabatian MS, MD, FASMBS,
Dr. Hooman Shabatian graduated with summa cum laude honors from UCLA, and obtained his Master’s and Medical degrees from the Chicago Medical School. He started his surgical career with internship at Cornell University associated Lincoln Medical Center in New York, and then completed his surgical training at some of the most respected institutions in the country.
It was when Dr. Shabatian performed his first weight loss surgery procedure at the Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago back 2002, that he became profoundly impressed with the life changing results that weight loss procedures can bring to patients who are unable to lose excessive weight through diet and exercise alone. Shortly thereafter, Dr. Shabatian focused his attention and skill to treating overweight patients through a variety of surgical and nonsurgical weight-loss procedures.
Dr. Hooman Shabatian is a Board-Certified Surgeon and a member of the American College of Surgeons, and specializes in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, including Robotic Sleeve Gastrectomy and Gastric Balloon placement. Committed to his patients’ health above all else, Dr. Shabatian personally provides each patient with his personal cellphone number to ensure they receive the highest level of access and healthcare possible.
- Bariatric and General Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Minimally invasive Varicose Vein Treatment
- Chicago Medical School
- Cornell Associated, Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, New York, NY
- Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Los Angeles CA
- New York’s Lincoln Medical Center
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- American College of Phlebology
- American Medical Association
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
Certifications and Licenses:
- American College of Surgeons
- da Vinci Robotics System Training
- ReShape Gastric Balloon System
- ORBERA Instragastric Balloon System
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Mentorship
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Master Class
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Clinical Immersion
- Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy & Bariatric Surgery
- LAP-BAND Adjustable Gastric Banding System
- Bugs and Guts: Influence on Microbiota on Obesity and Health
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Varicose Veins
- Spider And Reticular Veins
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Weight Loss Surgery
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- LAP-BAND Surgery
- Endovenous Laser Treatment
- Surgical Ligation and Stripping
- Varicose Veins Removal
- Spider And Reticular Veins
- Revisions and Conversions of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with Live Surgery in Morning
- Intragastric Balloon – A Reasonable Approach Didactic Course
- EMBS: Integrated Sensor and Informatics for Personalized Obesity Care and Prevention
- IFSO: The current leading procedures in metabolic surgery: Sleeve gastrectomy – Roux en Y – Omega-loop: advantages and disadvantages
- Quality Program: Better Outcomes, Lower Costs and Improved Patient Experience
- ACSM: Physical activity and obesity: The integration of Physiology
- Live Surgery Session: Emerging Procedures and Controversies, Special and Difficult Cases
- Controversies in Bariatric Surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy – tricks of the trade
- Comparative Studies and Metabolic Effects of Sleeve
- Early (Leaks, Bleeding, Obstruction) and Late Complications (Fistulas, Hiatal hernias/Reflux, Strictures)
- SILS Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Sleeve as Revisional Surgery
- Staple Line Reinforcement in Bariatric Surgery
- Prescription Opioids: Risk Management and Strategies for Safe Use
- Hypertension: Strategies to Improve Outcomes
- FDA Panel: Upper Airway Device Beneficial for OSA
- Updates to Obesity Treatment: From Guidelines to Agents
- Importance of Nutrition Visits After Gastric Bypass Surgery for American Veterans, San Francisco, 2004-2010
- Clinical Perspectives on Neuromuscular Blockade for Laparoscopic Surgery
- New Guidelines Issued on Stress Urinary Incontinence in Women
- Management of Obesity: Strategies for Long Term Success
- Viewpoints in Opioid Overdose Prevention and Management
- Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnosis and Treatment Update
- Adults with Asthma at Greater Risk for Incident Sleep Apnea
- Update on Treatment Options for Insomnia
- Acromegaly: Diagnosis and Management Options
- Urinary Incontinence: How Would You Care for These Postmenopausal Patients?
- Essential Concepts in the Screening and Detection of Colorectal Cancer
- Improving Treatment Outcomes and Sharing Decision Making in Pancreatic Cancer
- Clinical Considerations in Evidence-based Management of GIST
- Rapidly Growing Mycobacteria Associated with Laparoscopic Gastric Banding, Australia, 2005-2011
- Perspectives in Intrathecal Therapy: Patient Selection, Referral, and Communication Strategies
- Incorporating Genetic Testing to Optimize the Management of Pain
- Acute Management of Migraine Attacks: Overcoming Pain and Gastrointestinal Distress to Improve Patient Outcomes
- Substance Use After Weight Loss Surgery
- Effects of Bariatric Surgery on Insulin Sensitivity in Nondiabetic Patients Sleep Disorders
- Duke Center for Surgical Education: Sleeve/Gastric Bypass
- Complications of Sleeve Gastrectomy: Endoscopy and Surgical Solutions
- Revisional Surgery: Techniques, Pearls, and Pitfalls
- Symposium II: Access to Care- Update on Bariatric Coverage
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy: From Primary to Revisional Surgery
Contact Us Today!
We are ready to get you started on your road to health and beauty. Your first step is to contact us and schedule an initial consultation. During this time, we will establish everything we need to craft a custom treatment plan for you. Call today.
Lost 118lbs after visit
"Thank you West Medical for playing your part to help bring an incredible change to my life."
Lost 104lbs after visit
"Now I feel good in my clothes, I have more energy and do more things."
Lost 120lbs after visit
"I FEEL INCREDIBLE! I have a lot more energy and am very active."
Lost 100lbs after visit
"I felt like I would never fit in with my family. Now I am living an active lifestyle that I finally get to be a part of. I have lost a total of 100lbs!"
Lost over 100lbs after visit
"I lost 100 pounds with Sleeve Gastrectomy and I feel incredible! I have a lot more energy and feel healthy."
* Individual results may vary
Please take a moment to rate your experience with our team.