Our skin is meant to protect the internal organs from the environment. While the skin shields the body, it also incurs damage from the sun, weather, trauma or other exposure. As we age, the accumulation of this damage begins to show in the form of brown spots, discoloration, blotchy redness, and uneven texture. Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing might be right for you if you want to improve the appearance of your skin. To achieve a more youthful appearance with smoother and clearer skin, your doctor may recommend a variety of different procedures. Treatments come in the forms of laser, light and other energy-based therapies or chemical peels.
What Can Skin Rejuvenation Treat?
If you want to improve the texture or clarity of your skin, resurfacing might be a good option. It improves the overall appearance of your skin and results in a more youthful look. Problem areas which may be treated by West Medical plastic surgeons include:
- Static wrinkles: visible at all times, these wrinkles appear the same whether during facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles: During facial movements or expressions, these wrinkles are expression lines that appear as folds when the skin is not moving.
- Pigmentation: Darkened patches of skin may appear as a result of sun exposure. These include freckles, melisma, and darkened patches of skin or sunspots.
- Scars: There are different types of scars, such as rolling, pitted, discolored or raised. They may be from acne or skin injury.
- Vascular conditions: Visible blood vessels may appear as tiny blood-filled blisters or as a constant patch of redness.
- Skin tone loss
Are you a candidate for skin rejuvenation and resurfacing?
Skin rejuvenation is a medical procedure, although not as involved as other cosmetic surgery procedures. Remember that you should do the procedure because you want it, not to satisfy someone else. The best candidates for skin rejuvenation are physically healthy, nonsmokers who have realistic expectations regarding the outcome.
Skin Rejuvenation Risks
Risks of the procedure include infection, pigment irregularities, textural changes, skin surface irregularities, and burns or scarring.
Who doesn't want beautiful clear, healthy skin? Why worry about discoloration and aging scars? For problems with dull, uneven skin, skin rejuvenation may be the solution. To find out more about plastic surgery in Los Angeles, call our West Medical offices at (855) 690-0565.
Contact Us Today!
We are ready to get you started on your road to health and beauty. Your first step is to contact us and schedule an initial consultation. During this time, we will establish everything we need to craft a custom treatment plan for you. Call today.
Please take a moment to rate your experience with our team.