Finding a top weight loss surgeon in Irvine is as easy as contacting West Medical for a consultation. We have access to a number of options that can help patients lose significant amounts of weight through a variety of treatments, both surgical and nonsurgical.
Our treatment options include:
- Sleeve Gastrectomy – Also known as gastric sleeve surgery, this increasingly standard procedure reconfigures a patient’s stomach into a small, sleeve-like shape that limits a patient’s ability to consume large amounts of food in addition to having a positive effect in terms of reducing hunger hormones.
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty – This nonsurgical procedure involves modifying a patient’s stomach shape via pleats which are sewn into the lining of the stomach, making patients feel full much faster. While the available area of the stomach is reduced substantially, no portion of the stomach is actually removed.
- Gastric Balloon – Operating on a similar premise to other weight loss treatments mentioned here by reducing the amount of space in the stomach, a gastric balloon is a device that is temporarily left in the stomach to make overeating uncomfortable.
- Gastric Bypass – An extremely reliable method of weight loss that is also one the oldest and most radical of available procedures, a gastric bypass replaces the stomach with a very small pouch and literally bypasses part of the patient’s digestive tract, reducing the absorption of calories. It is extremely tried-and-true but requires patients to take significant supplementation along with the usual behavioral changes.
- Gastric Band – Whether patients choose Lap-Band or Realize, a banding surgery acts like a belt that has been tied around a patient’s stomach to quickly make patients feel full. While this procedure typically requires follow-up surgeries, it is less invasive than the older procedure and also reversible if necessary.
Each of these options comes with their own set of pros and cons that our medical staff will be more than happy to discuss with you in detail. For more information on all of our offerings at West Medical, simply call the number at the top left of your screen or visit our contact page.