Varicose veins treatment cost varies widely from case to case because each patient represents a unique set of circumstances as diagnosed by our leading medical experts here at West Medical. Varicose veins have a large number of causes, degrees of severity, and resultant treatment methods. However, common cost factors include the method of treatment – endovenous laser therapy (EVLT), sclerotherapy, and ambulatory phlebotomy are all frequent choices. Others include:
- The size of the vein[s] that are set for removal
- Facility fees
- Surgeon fees
- Pre-operation tests
- Follow-up appointments or procedures
Please note: In some cases, insurance may cover all or some costs for varicose vein treatments. Regardless, we are happy to assist patients with financing options.
Varicose Veins Treatment Options
We offer five primary treatment options for varicose veins:
- Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) – Minimally invasive, a laser is used to close affected veins from the inside with a 90-95 percent success rate even after three years.
- Ambulatory Microphlebectomy – After anesthesia, our surgeon will make a small incision near the problem site before pulling out the affected vein. Most patients are immediately able to return to their normal activities, including vigorous activity.
- Sclerotherapy – A minimally invasive solution is injected into the vein in question with the intention of collapsing and/or dissolving the vein from view.
- Compression Therapy – Intended to slow the progression of varicose veins as opposed to curing them, a special type of stocking is used to compress the affected area to improve circulation (as it is believed that poor circulation may be a leading cause of varicose veins).
- Surgical ligation and stripping – As the name implies, this more invasive method entails the complete removal or tying off a large vein. This method is generally reserved for only the most severe cases and can take up to a month for a patient to return to normal.
Why West Medical
All of the medical professionals on our team are chosen for their combination of compassion, experience, and expertise. When patients get help from West Medical, they’re getting a team they can count on for the best possible outcome in a comfortable environment.
For more information call the number on your screen or visit our contact page.